Untitled

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

i hate falling sick. okay, everyone does. headaches, ear aches, runny nose, sore throat. i'm literally sick and tired. i'm sure many pple are. the weather sucks. the school work isn't helping. the hockey season is upon me. prefectorial duties not easing up.

i'm stuck in this meaningless routine. it's frighteningly paralyzing. each day just seems to echo the previous. beckett was right. waiting for godot is one heck of a play. 3 themes, all spot on here. meaningless existence, paralyzing effect of routine, and the need for human companionship.


Don't touch me! Don't question me! Don't speak to me! Stay with me!

Act 2, Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett



I saw the things that I love in this world. The work and the food and the time to sit and smoke. And I looked at the pen and I thought, what the hell am i grabbing this for? Why am I trying to become what I don't want to be... when all I want is out there, waiting for me the minute I say I know who I am."

Death of a Salesman by the late Arthur Miller

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home